An Asian Pear Apple Crisp is just as sweet as it sounds and will definitely have you going back for seconds. Try Coco Whip, a delicious dairy-free alternative when you serve your warm crisp. Or scoop up some vanilla ice cream, lactose-free if needed.
Some fruits get overlooked when making summer fruit crisps, but I’m here to tell you that Asian pears are a delicious addition to your favorite apple in a crisp.
Here Are Some Of The Best Apples For Baking:
- Golden Delicious
- Granny Smith
- Pink Lady
These Apples Become Mushy When Baked And Are Better For Snacking:
- Red Delicious
To Make Asian Pear Apple Crisp, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Baking apples
- Asian pears
- Honey ~ Pure maple syrup or agave for a vegan diet
- Lemon juice
- All-purpose flour, gluten-free if needed ~ I use a gluten-free baking blend like King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure For Measure.
- Quick-cooking oats ~ gluten-free if needed
- Brown sugar
- Chopped walnuts ~ omit for nut-free diets
- Butter ~ Dairy-free alternative if needed
You might also like this Heart Healthy Apple Crisp. It is also gluten, dairy, and egg-free.
Asian Pear Apple Crisp
- 4-5 cups Baking ~ apples sliced thin
- 4-5 cups Asian pears ~ sliced thin
- 2 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Honey ~ agave for vegan diets
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- For the Topping:
- 1 cup All-purpose flour ~ gluten-free if needed ~ I use a gluten-free baking blend like King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure For Measure.
- 2/3 cup Quick-cooking oats ~ gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Chopped walnuts ~ omit for nut-free diets
- 7 Tbsp Butter ~ or a non-dairy substitute
- In a large mixing bowl add sliced pears and apples.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, honey or other sweetener, and lemon juice. Mix well and cook on high in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Stir well and cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Dump the mixture into an 11" x 7" or similar baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the topping ingredients except the butter.
- Warm the butter in the microwave until just melted. Pour over the topping mixture and stir until all of the ingredients are completely coated. You could also use your hands to mix if that is easier.
- Completely cover the fruit with the topping; some tiny open areas are ok.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, then cover with foil and bake 15-20 minutes longer. The longer the better in my opinion.
- Remove from oven and let the crisp rest for 15-30 minutes. (If you can wait that long)