Double chocolate gluten-free cookies are a combination of rich chocolate with delicious surprises in every chewy bite.
Did I hear someone say they love chocolate? You are in the right place! This recipe is from an old favorite of mine, before my gluten, dairy, and egg-free days.
When I found out I had to eliminate gluten, dairy, and eggs I was determined to continue enjoying my favorite cookies. After a few trials and errors, I am happily munching on these chewy, chocolaty cookies once again.
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do…
You could use any gluten-free all-purpose baking mix, but I like the chewiness of the garbanzo bean flour. My husband likes me to add chopped walnuts sometimes too.
To Make Double Chocolate Gluten-Free Cookies You Will Need: Makes about 4 dozen cookie
- Butter or Earth Balance Buttery Sticks, for dairy-free.
- Shortening (I use Spectrum Organic Shortening)
- Eggs ~ duck eggs when available, or an egg replacement
- Garbanzo bean flour
- Rice flour (I use brown rice flour or 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour and 1/2 cup brown rice flour)
- Xanthan gum or Guar Gum ~ Guar Gum for Low FODMAP
- Baking soda
- Mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips are gluten & dairy-free)
sometimes I add 1 cup of plain candy-coated chocolates for fun, especially during the holiday season, these are not dairy-free.
These are also great frozen. Super delicious with a tablespoon or more of frozen So Delicious in the middle like an ice cream sandwich. Or frosting in the middle like a glorified oreo!!
Weight watcher followers can give each cookie 3 points each.
Since we are on the subject of chocolate…try these “healthier” tasty chocolate gluten-free cookies with a secret ingredient, GF Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Double Chocolate Gluten-Free Cookies
- 1 cup butter or Earth Balance Buttery Sticks for dairy-free.
- 1/4 cup shortening I use Spectrum Organic Shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs ~ duck eggs when available or an egg replacement
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup rice flour I use brown rice flour or 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour and 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tsp Xanthan gum or Guar Gum
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup mini chocolate chips Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips are gluten & dairy-free
- sometimes I add 1 cup of plain candy-coated chocolates for fun especially during the holiday season these are not dairy-free.
- Cream butter, shortening, and sugar.
- Add eggs or egg replacer and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add flours, xanthan gum or guar gum, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips. (and candy-coated chocolates if desired)
- This is sticky dough but just do your best to roll into the walnut-size or 1/2 ice cream scoop-sized balls and gently flatten with your hand.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 min.
- Don't overbake, they might not look quite done when they actually are. It might take a trial pan full before you can tell. Let them sit for a couple of minutes and move to a wire rack.
You could use any gluten-free all-purpose baking mix, but I like the chewiness from the garbanzo bean flour. My husband likes me to add chopped walnuts sometimes too.