The next time your tummy is rumbling grab one of these Double Chocolate Energy Bites. A healthy snack that tastes a lot like candy. These extra chocolaty energy bites are full of healthy carbs and will satisfy any chocolate craving!
When is the best time to eat an energy bite?
~ before or after a workout
~ mid-morning or afternoon
~ on a coffee break
~ anytime you want a heart-healthy snack or a pick-me-up between meals
In the past, I always felt kind of left out as far as the whole “Nutella” thing, since I am allergic to hazelnuts. But not any more thanks to these tasty little gems.
If you count weight watcher points each energy bite is 4 points
To Make Double Chocolate Energy Bites with Cacao Nibs You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Old fashioned oats (gluten-free if needed)
- Honey, agave syrup, or pure maple syrup.
- Natural peanut butter and chocolate spread – I used Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter
- Semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, I used allergy-friendly Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- Cacao nibs, (1/4 cup if you love them like me)
- Chopped mixed nuts or your choice of nuts
I like to use a little cookie dough push scoop for my energy bites, it makes a perfect size ball. Just push the back and the dough pops right out!
If you like these energy bites, you might also like to try Chocolate Chip Energy Balls with Goji Berries & Cacao Nibs.
Double Chocolate Energy Bites with Cacao Nibs
- 2 cups old fashioned oats gluten-free if needed
- 2/3 cups honey agave syrup, or pure maple syrup.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter and chocolate spread - I used Wild Friends Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips I used allergy-friendly Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
- 3 Tbsp cacao nibs (1/4 cup if you love them like me)
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts or your choice of nuts - chopped
- Mix honey or agave syrup with peanut butter in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined. I often end up using my hands to really get things mixed up well.
- Form balls the size of walnuts and place on wax paper. These can be eaten at room temperature or cold, but please store them in the refrigerator or freezer.