Grandma’s Coleslaw ~ Gluten-free, vegan option
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
My Grandma’s coleslaw was the only coleslaw I think I ever liked, besides KFC.
Coleslaw is really a “must-have” with pulled pork sandwiches! What is the big deal you might ask…
try it, I think you will agree.
If you haven’t made coleslaw before, not to worry! It’s simple, especially since you can buy the cabbage and carrots already shredded. And this I might add is a huge time saver.
For plant-based diets substitute Vegenaise for mayonnaise.
To Make Grandma’s Coleslaw You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Shredded cabbage
- Shredded carrot
- Mayonnaise (substitute Vegenaise for dairy and egg-free. This product is also gluten-free)
- White wine vinegar
- Celery seed
- Salt and pepper
Enjoy with some tasty fish tacos!
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 cup mayonnaise substitute Vegenaise for dairy and egg-free. This product is also gluten-free
- 3-4 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine shredded cabbage and carrots.
- In a small bowl, mix the next 5 ingredients.
- Add dressing to cabbage and toss well.
- Chill and serve.