Easy Flank Steak Marinade that uses five simple ingredients you may already have in your cupboard. It’s high in protein and low in fat.
I tend to be a little finicky about fully cooked meat and don’t like any pink to show, so the steak shown here is considered well done as far as flank steak goes, slightly over medium. Overcooked flank steak can become tough, so watch it carefully and remember it continues to cook after it is removed from the heat.
To Make This Easy Flank Steak Marinade, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Flank steak
- Olive oil ~ optional for frying
- Worcestershire sauce
- Seasoned Salt ~ Low FODMAP friendly if needed.
- Black pepper
- Rub ~ We use Bad Bryon’s Butt Rub and this Low FOD MAP when needed.
Here is an internal temperature chart for cooking flank steak. This particular cut of steak should not be overcooked because it will become tough.
Cooked Steak Internal Temperature Chart:
Rare: 125-130 degrees F.
Medium Rare: 130-135 degrees F.
Medium: 145 degrees F.
Change things up and try this tasty marinade, too: Easy Grilled Flank Steak and Marinade.
Leftover steak ideas:
- Pasta salads
- Mixed green salads
Flank steak is an excellent iron, zinc, phosphorus, and B vitamin source.
Easy Flank Steak Marinade
- 2 pounds Flank steak
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Seasoned salt ~ For Low FODMAP I suggest a Fody Brand
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Olive oil ~ optional for frying
- Steak rub ~ Low FODMAP if needed.
- Cut steak into 4 even pieces.
- Cut 1/8" diagonal slices on top of each piece about 1/4" deep.
- Place steak in a shallow dish with sides.
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour over the steak, cover, and refrigerate.
- Marinate the steak in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer.
- Remove the marinated steak from the refrigerator 20-30 minutes before cooking.
- Lightly shake Bad Bryon's Butt Rub over steaks.
- Fry steak in olive oil or grill to the desired doneness. See chart in notes for internal temperatures.
- Remove from the heat and cover for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut steak against the grain before serving.
This recipe idea is from simplyhappenings.com