Warm cheesy chili dip is by far my most popular appetizer, my family has been enjoying this tasty dip for years.
A slightly spicy and twangy flavored dip that we especially like with just plain corn chips, or scoops. It takes about 10 minutes to prepare and about 5 more to disappear…
This dip is perfect for holidays, parties, or just snacking.
If you are like me and need gluten-free products, the canned “bean-less” chili is difficult to find. So I suggest using your own chili recipe and leave out the beans and add extra meat. Of course… it would be okay to have beans in this dip too. I freeze small containers of my homemade gluten-free chili without beans, then I don’t have to make a big batch for a quick dip like this.
- Cream cheese
- Chili without beans like Hormel Chili Without Beans, Nalley Chili Big Chunk No Beans, or a gluten-free/allergy-friendly substitute
- Sharp cheese
- Corn chips, scoops, crackers, or pretzels
This is soon to be a favorite…enjoy!
Need more appetizer ideas:
Warm Cheesy-Chili Dip
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese
- 2 15 oz cans of chili without beans or a gluten-free substitute
- 2/3 cup sharp cheese grated
- 6 drops Tabasco
- 1 lg bag corn chips, scoop, crackers, or pretzels
- In a medium-size saucepan stir cream cheese and chili over medium-low heat, add tabasco and cheese.
- Continue to heat until the mixture begins to simmer.
- When the mixture is fully heated and a nice creamy consistency remove from heat and pour into a small bowl.
- I use a microwave-safe bowl so I can warm the dip up if needed.
- Serve with chips, crackers, or pretzels.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.