I am always super excited to make this recipe. It really does taste like a chocolate shake, and when frozen is a delicious chocolate ice cream treat.
The secret is frozen bananas. I have quite a collection of frozen dessert recipes using frozen bananas, but this one is my favorite. You will need a food processor, Vitamix or Magic Bullet type of device to whip up the frozen bananas.
To Make Allergy-Friendly Chocolate Shake & Chocolate Ice Cream You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Coconut milk (or any milk substitute if necessary)
- Cocoa powder
- Sugar (or 1 Tbsp. sugar and 1 Tbsp. Splenda
- Frozen bananas
- Food processor or a heavy-duty blender
Weight watcher points plus count 5 points for each serving.
**Save banana peels to fertilize your garden!
Allergy-Friendly Chocolate Shake & Chocolate Ice Cream
- Sturdy Blender or Food Processor
- 1 -3/4 cup coconut milk or any milk substitute if necessary
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. sugar or 1 Tbsp. sugar and 1 Tbsp. Splenda
- ~optional extra 1/2 Tbsp of sugar if you like it sweeter I like it with less.
- 3 frozen bananas cut in large chunks pre-freeze bananas~ peeled
- Place all ingredients in the food processor type device and mix well. Stop the device as needed to stir up the bananas throughout the mixing.
- Process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour immediately into glasses for milkshakes.
- Pour into freezer container and place in freezer up to 4 or more hours for ice cream.
Please pin and share…