Chewy Apple Oat and Raisin Cookies are, without a doubt, the ultimate oatmeal cookie. These cookies are going to sweep you off your feet!
The chopped apples are so subtle that you will question if they are even there, yet you notice a hint of something extra wonderful about the cookies. Of course, the more tart the apple, the more noticeable that flavor will stand out.
Here Is A List Of Some Of The Best Apples For Baking:
- Pink Lady
- Golden Delicious
- Granny Smith
As an option, consider vanilla-flavored chips. They blend in perfectly as an add-in to change things up occasionally. Baker’s Choice Chips are gluten-free and vegan but note that soy is an ingredient in these tasty chips.
If you are a big fan of oatmeal cookies, you might like to try my Grandma’s Famous Ranger Cookies,
a chewy oatmeal cookie with a crispy crunch.
To make a gluten-free apple oat and raisin cookie, substitute the regular flour with a gluten-free one-to-one blend. I used King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure For Measure Baking Blend.
To Make These Chewy Apple Oat and Raisin Cookies, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Salted butter ~ or a dairy-free substitute
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar ~ or for a cookie with less sugar Monkfruit Sweetener
- Egg ~ a flax-egg or aquafaba for egg-free cookies
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour or a gluten-free one-to-one type blend such as King Arthur Gluten-Free Measure For Measure or Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour.
- Baking soda
- Old Fashioned oats ~ certified gluten-free if needed
- Unsweetened or sweetened flaked coconut
Chewy Apple Oat and Raisin Cookies
- 1 & 1/4 cups salted butter ~ softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar ~ or Monkfruit Sweetener for less sugar
- 1 Lg egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour ~ or a gluten-free one-to-one baking blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oats ~ certified gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup chopped apple ~ small pieces
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut ~ sweetened or unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl cream together butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.
- Stir in oats, apples, raisins, and coconut. The dough will be thick but delicious.
- Drop by 2 tablespoons full onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies sit for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.