Enjoy a healthier gluten-free peanut butter cookie that is also dairy and egg-free. This allergy-friendly peanut butter cookie tastes just like the real deal, meaning, “normal” at my house. And that’s a good thing!
You don’t have to make them gluten-free, feel free to use all-purpose unbleached flour.
This peanut butter cookie recipe makes a mouth-watering SunButter cookie too! The gluten-free SunButter cookies end up being a little flatter, but I guarantee they are still just as delicious.
Just for fun, I added some Hershey kisses leftover from the holidays on a few of my peanut butter cookies and mixed in some mini chocolate chips and peanut butter flavored chips. Even with a few extra optional chocolate chips, these cookies are still healthier than most.
To Make Healthy GF Peanut Butter Cookies You Will Need These Ingredients:
Peanut butter ~ I’ve used both natural and Jiff Crunchy. Peanut-free can substitute SunButter if tolerated.
Sugar ~ I used beet sugar
Gluten-free flour ~ I used King Arthur Measure For Measure ~ Regular flour is fine too.
Each cookie has 3 WW points plus each.
If you look closely you can see the vegan mini marshmallows I added to this batch of cookies. This is my favorite add-in to these peanut butter cookies, I love the extra chewiness.
Optional Add-In Ingredients:
Allergy-Friendly Chocolate Chips
Mini Marshmallows or Dandies Vegan Mini Marshmallows
Peanut Butter Flavored Chips
Don’t Forget To Read Your Labels:
Reese’s peanut butter baking chips are gluten and egg-free but not dairy, corn, or soy-free.
Enjoy Life Allergy-Free Chocolate Chips are always my “go-to” safe choice for chocolate chips.
Not all marshmallows are gluten-free and corn-free.
Dandies Vegan Marshmallows are free from gluten and corn, but they do contain soy.
Campfire Brand Marshmallows are free from these allergens:
3. Crustacean Shellfish
4. Tree nuts
If you are like me and love peanut butter and chocolate here is another healthy gluten, egg, and dairy-free cookie to try, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cookie Mounds.
Enjoy! Don’t forget to try mini marshmallows too.
Healthier GF Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter ~ I've used both natural and Jiff Crunchy. Substitute SunButter if desired.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar ~ I used beet sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp gluten-free flour ~ I used King Arthur Measure for Measure. Regular flour is fine too.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Make a well in the middle and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix all together.
- Form dough into small balls and place them on a lined baking sheet. Push down the balls to about half size.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350. Let cookies rest about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
Inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie