Peanut-Free Sunflower Energy Balls are an excellent choice for someone with tree nut allergies and perfect for after-school snacking. They are quickly becoming my go-to snacks between meals and before or after working out.
Keeping this nutritious sunflower energy treat in the fridge is a great idea because they are not only delicious but a good source of:
You can whip up a batch of these healthy homemade treats in about 15 minutes. This is a fun recipe for kids to help with too.
To Make Sunflower Energy Balls You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Sunflower seed butter ~ I used SunButter
- Pure maple syrup
- Old-fashioned oats ~ gluten-free if needed
- Sunflower seed flour or oat flour
- Ground cinnamon
- Dried blueberries or chocolate chips (or both) ~ omit dried blueberries for Low FODMAP
Store energy balls in the refrigerator or freezer. They are easy to bite into, even when frozen.
This is the brand of sunflower seed butter I use:
To make sunflower seed butter from scratch visit this website, detoxinista – How To Make Sunflower Seed Butter.
You might also like these Sunflower Seed Butter and Banana Cookies. They are soft and dreamy, made without eggs, dairy, and gluten. For a Krispie SunButter treat try my crazy good GF Peanut Butter/SunButter Krispie Treats!
Count 3 weight watcher points plus for each energy ball.
Sunflower Energy Balls ~ Peanut-Free
- 1/2 cup Sunflower seed butter I used SunButter
- 1/2 cup Pure maple syrup
- 2 cups Old-fashioned oats ~ gluten-free if needed
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower seed flour or oat flour
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Dried blueberries or chocolate chips or both ~ omit dried blueberries for Low FODMAP
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix sunflower seed butter and pure maple syrup together.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form 20 balls using about 1 1/2 tbsp of dough and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Chill energy balls in the refrigerator or freezer.
This recipe idea is from sunbutter.com