Who doesn’t love “monkey munch & puppy chow?”
My daughter came up with Perfectly Nutty Protein Chow, a similar snack mix that is lower in fat and higher in protein, but not short on flavor.
Rich chocolate with a hint of peanut butter…handful after handful.
Instead of powdered sugar, the outside is coated in her favorite protein shake powder and PB2, a powdered peanut butter product. Genius!
I took this to work and nothing but crumbs were left by the end of the day. As you might have guessed, the recipe was requested as well.
Which powdered peanut butter product should you use?
Use any brand of powdered peanut butter product you prefer. I have used both PB2 Peanut Butter and Chocolate flavors.
Perfectly Nutty Protein Chow
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips allergy-friendly
- 12.8 oz Chocolate Chex Cereal About 8 - 8 1/2 cups
- 1 scoop chocolate vegan protein powder We used Orgain Organic Protein Chocolate
- 1 Tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter.
- In a large saucepan heat coconut oil, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. Heat until melted and completely mixed.
- Add the box of Chex cereal and mix until all squares are coated.
- Dump coated squares into a large gallon-sized bag.
- Combine chocolate protein powder and PB2. Add to the bag with the cereal.
- Shake it around until cereal squares are completely dusted. If it's easier you can toss the cereal around in a large mixing bowl while coating with the protein powder mixture.