Chicken teriyaki with veggies all on one pan and made with gluten-free soy sauce sounds like a winner for dinner tonight.
Sheet pan dinners are great because they are easy to put together and easy to clean up.
You can add any fresh vegetables you like nothing is set in stone. In fact, sheet pan dinners are so popular now you could mix up meats and sauces you find all over the web.
Don’t do that quite yet though…try this teriyaki chicken first! And as I mentioned before, substitute and mix in any vegetables you like. Use up a variety of leftover vegetables from the fridge.
Add-in fresh vegetable ideas:
- Green onions
- Brussels Sprouts cut in half
- Green Beans
- Baby Corn
Growing up my mom did NOT enjoy cooking so she would put the meat and the vegetables in a roasting pan in the oven. Seasonings back then were just two…salt and pepper. It’s a similar idea though.
GF Chicken teriyaki dinner could be served on pasta, gluten-free if needed, or rice. I prefer to use a rice cooker then I don’t have to remember to cook it while I am busy preparing the rest of the meal.
The teriyaki sauce can also be used on chicken or beef skewers with fresh pieces of vegetables and barbecued to perfection. This is also a great entree to serve with rice.
What about leftovers?
Of course, leftovers are fantastic just by reheating the previous night dinner. But here is an idea, put some chicken, veggies, and rice in a wrap and heat it up in the microwave.
This sounds perfect for lunch. You will probably want to make extra next time just so you have plenty of leftovers!!
To Make GF Chicken Teriyaki Sheet Pan Dinner You Will Need:
- Gluten-free soy sauce or coco aminos for soy-free diets
- Rice wine vinegar ~ or a corn-free substitute
- Sesame oil ~ Avocado or olive oil if needed
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh ginger or ground ginger
- Cornstarch or arrowroot starch for corn-free
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Broccoli florets
- Sesame seeds ~ optional for garnish
- Cooked rice ~ optional
- Freshly cut pineapple chunks ~ optional
I served this dish with freshly cut pineapple chunks and it was delicious.
This recipe idea is from The Recipe Critic.
GF Chicken Teriyaki Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 cup gluten-free soy sauce Coco aminos for corn-free
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 3 1/2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil Avocado or olive oil if needed
- 3 garlic cloves minced or 3 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp grated fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch Arrowroot for corn-free
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste I used fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3-4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1-2 cup sliced carrots
- sesame seeds ~ optional for garnish omit if needed
- Cooked rice ~ optional
- 1 freshly cut pineapple ~ optional
- To Make Glaze:
- Combine gluten-free soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, cornstarch, and water in a medium-sized saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil while stirring frequently. When sauce thickens and bubbles remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. If you are using foil lightly coat with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Season each side of the chicken with salt and black pepper.
- Spoon glaze over the chicken coating both sides. Reserve half of the glaze to use later.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add some of the additional glaze on both sides of the chicken. Add broccoli and carrots in a single layer around the chicken. Toss vegetables with some glaze as well. Return to oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with sesame seeds, and serve over cooked rice.
- I served this dish with freshly cut pineapple chunks and it was delicious.