Refreshing frozen fruit bars are easy to make, and everyone loves them. Fruit bars and popsicles are a great way to cool off during the warm summer months and use up any extra fruit sitting around. As a bonus, no ovens are needed to make a special treat.
There are lots of reasons to love these healthy homemade fruit bars and my top three reasons; they are free from:
- Artificial sweeteners
Just about any fruit can be whipped up in a blender or pureed and poured into the popsicle molds. Here are some recipe variations for frozen fruit bars:
- Adding yogurt – flavored or plain
- Including a natural sweetener like honey or pure maple syrup
- Use non-dairy milk, coconut milk, juice, or water
- Fruit used whole (like berries), sliced, chopped, and/or pureed
You will need some type of upright heavy-duty blender to puree the fruit. I used a Vitamix for my fruit bars. I have had my Vitamix for years, and it has been worth every cent!
In my experience, I have found that Silicone popsicle molds are extremely user-friendly.
- Frozen fruit bars can be removed easily from the molds and are dishwasher safe for quick and easy cleaning.
- One frozen bar can be taken from the silicone mold at a time.
- Popsicle sticks are attached to the ends of the molds, making them straight and easy to hold.
- The silicone molds sit on a flat in the freezer, so you don’t have to worry about spills.
This Allergy-Friendly Chocolate Shake recipe would be perfect as a frozen fruit bar too.
Try this delicious frozen treat too. Smooth out any type of vanilla yogurt on a flat parchment paper-covered cookie sheet and sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips over top. Freeze until solid. Break off chunks and enjoy! It makes an incredibly delicious frozen treat that tastes a lot like cheesecake.
To Make The Frozen Fruit Bars You Will Need:
- Ripe bananas
- Strawberries or other fruit ~ I used a mixture of raspberries and strawberries
- Juice of choice like apple, orange, or pineapple. Water is also an option or any type of milk, non-dairy or regular
I don’t worry about exact amounts; if you have some leftover pour the remaining mixture into ice cube molds for mini frozen fruit treats. Add a wooden popsicle stick when the ice cubes are partially frozen.
More Flavor Combinations To Try:
- Strawberry and kiwi
- Mango and orange
- Mixed berries and peaches
- Orange and pineapple
- Add vanilla yogurt ~ dairy-free if needed for different textures
Fruit bars might take up to 8 hours to freeze as freezers vary.
Frozen Fruit Bars
- 1 large Ripe banana
- 2 cups Large strawberries ~ or other fruit of choice
- 1/4 cup Juice, milk, or water ~ examples: apple, orange, or pineapple
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender or Vitamix on high speed until smooth. You will need to scrape down the sides of the blender a couple of times during the blending. Blending will take about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Add more juice if needed for preferred consistency.
- Pour the pureed mixture into popsicle molds. Freeze for 6-8 hours or until frozen.
- For easy removal from molds run the mold under warm water for a few seconds.