BBQ sauce with a “twang” is how I best describe this sauce. Pork loins on the barbecue with this sauce are amazing. But don’t limit yourself; try it on burgers (regular or veggie), chicken, steak, or baked tofu.
This sauce is gluten-free and a cinch to make.
You can make an amazing homemade sauce in just a couple of minutes, and while it is simmering, heat up the barbecue. The sauce can either be added to the meat at the end of the grilling time before serving or used as a dipping sauce.
I suggest serving this bbq sauce in individual dishes for each person.
Here Are A Few Other Ways To Enjoy BBQ Sauce With A Twang:
- On a toasted bun for a tasty barbecue sandwich.
- Add to a vegan sandwich with baked tofu or a grilled portabella mushroom.
- Use as a dipping sauce for chicken or vegetarian nuggets.
- Try some on your next hamburger instead of ketchup.
Weight Watchers points plus add 3 points per serving of sauce. The recipe makes 6 servings, so you can divide it according to your desired amount.
To Make BBQ Sauce With a “Twang” You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- Prepared mustard
- Tabasco pepper sauce
The cooking time is just 5 minutes!
That’s it!! So simple, right?
BBQ Sauce With a “Twang”
- 1 cup chopped onion fine
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco pepper sauce
- In a small saucepan cook onion and garlic in oil for a couple of minutes, until tender.
- Stir in all the other ingredients.
- Simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.