Seafood Fettuccine ~ Gluten-Free & Paleo Options
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
Seafood Fettuccine will make you feel like you are eating at a restaurant. This is a quick 30-minute dish that tastes like you spent hours in the kitchen.
The base clam sauce is gluten-free and the fettuccine is your choice, regular or gluten-free. Maybe you are like me and make a pot of each because not everyone needs to eat gluten-free. And if you are not sensitive to dairy it is fabulous served with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
What kinds of fish are best for this recipe?
The fish you choose for this seafood fettuccine is entirely up to you. I have made this recipe with different combinations of shrimp, scallops, crab, tilapia, and cod. I usually add two additional types of fish along with the clams, but adding no additional fish is also an option. Clam fettuccine is delicious too.
Leftovers are great too, just reheat in the microwave.
To Make Seafood Fettuccine You Will Need:
Minced garlic or fresh cloves
Canned minced or chopped clams
Bottled clam juice
Cornstarch ~ use arrowroot for Paleo & corn-free diets
Large cooked prawns or any combination of fish
Grated Parmesan cheese ~ the real stuff! No cheese for yeast-free & Paleo diets.
Regular or gluten-free fettuccine noodles. Zoodles for Paleo diets.
Try our favorite seafood combination:
Prawns and cod along with the clams. Amounts aren’t as important, just put in the amount you like. We happen to like a lot of fish in our seafood fettuccine. In a large skillet cook fish with a little water and the lid on, over medium to high heat. Toss around during the cooking. Watch closely this doesn’t take very long.
This is not a thick type of sauce, but it is full of flavor.
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic or 2 fresh cloves
- 2 small cans minced or chopped clams (6.5oz) drained and liquid reserved
- 8 oz bottle clam juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley dried will work too
- 1/4 tsp basil leaves
- dash of pepper
- 1 1/2 -2 Tbsp cornstarch arrowroot for Paleo & corn-free
- 1/2 cup water
- 30-45 large cooked prawns or any combination of fish.
- Grated Parmesan cheese the real stuff! No cheese for yeast-free & Paleo diets.
- Regular or gluten-free fettuccine noodles. Zoodles for Paleo
- In a large skillet cook fish with a little water and the lid on, over medium to high heat. Toss around during the cooking. Watch closely this doesn’t take very long.
- When fish is cooked through. Remove juice from pan reserving about 2 Tbsp.
- Add garlic and other seasonings. Saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add reserved liquid from clams and clam juice.
- Mix cornstarch with water and add to the pan. Mix well and simmer stirring often until mixture thickens a little.
- This is not a thick type of sauce, but it is full of flavor.
- Serve over cooked fettuccine noodles or zoodles.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese.