GF double chocolate banana brownies are a deliciously decadent dessert idea for those bananas that are getting ripe too fast!
Preheat your oven because you are going to want to make these brownies right away!
Whether you like them frosted or plain…these will satisfy your chocolate craving for sure! Perfect for snacks or dessert.
*Feel free to use all-purpose flour if gluten-free isn’t needed. When using all-purpose flour, also omit xanthan gum and 2 Tbsp milk from the recipe. Baking time will need to be decreased by 10 minutes.
Ingredients For GF Double Chocolate Banana Brownies Are:
granulated sugar, I used beet sugar
unsweetened cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
bananas (about 2 large bananas)
milk or non-dairy type product
canola oil, or any oil preference
mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
The frosting is optional – Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Vanilla, White and Chocolate are gluten and dairy-free.
GF Double Chocolate Banana Brownies
- 2 cups gluten-free flour baking blend.
- 1 cup granulated sugar I used beet sugar.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum Guar Gum for corn-free
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 2 large bananas
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp milk or non-dairy type product I used soy milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil or any oil preference
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips I used Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a 9″x13″ pan with a nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine together, flour, sugars, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl combine, bananas, milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add banana mixture to flour mixture stirring gently. The mixture will be gooey and glue-like, but continue to stir until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour and press into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or when an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Don’t over bake.
- Cool brownies on a wire rack.
Please pin and share!