Start your day deliciously with a couple of Healthy Zucchini Muffins, or grab one for a snack when that mid-afternoon hunger hits.
You will be amazed at how light and fluffy these zucchini muffins are, and if you are like me, you will want to drop a few handfuls of mini chocolate chips in the batter.
Mix it up and add other ingredients to these healthy muffins like:
- Chopped walnuts
- Dried blueberries
Do you prefer a plain muffin, a muffin with butter, or peanut butter on your muffins? I’ll take mine any which way, but I have to admit I am starting to grab the peanut butter more and more. The peanut butter adds a little protein to my breakfast or snack, and that’s a good thing too.
To Make These Healthy Zucchini Muffins, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Zucchini ~ green or yellow
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Dairy-Free Milk
- Oat Flour
- Fine Blanched Almond Flour
- Baking Soda
- Optional mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, I use Enjoy Life Allergy-Friendly Chips.
To reduce fat content in these muffins, try this tip:
~ Use one whole egg and two egg whites instead of two whole eggs. Two whites have 0.2 grams of fat, and one whole egg has 5 grams of fat.
Fill muffin tins 3/4 full to get a nice rounded muffin.
Mmmm…so good! Enjoy!
Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- 1 cup shredded zucchini excess moisture squeezed out green or yellow
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 lg eggs ~ Or 1 whole egg and 2 whites for less fat
- 1/4 cup oil I used olive oil
- 3 tbsp dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup oat flour certified gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup fine blanched almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips I used allergy-friendly Enjoy Life
- Optional extra mini chocolate chips to sprinkle on top of each muffin before baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line muffin tin with silicone or paper liners. Grease lightly if no liners are used.
- Shred and measure zucchini, then squeeze out extra moisture. Paper towels or a cheesecloth work well for this.
- In a large mixing bowl add zucchini, maple syrup, eggs, oil, dairy-free milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Make a well in the middle and add all dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and top with about 3 extra chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. You can also test doneness with a toothpick inserted into the middle. The toothpick should come out clean.
This recipe is from www.ambitiouskitchen.com