Grandma's Ranger Cookies
These cookies have a slightly chewy and crunchy combination of coconut, oats, nuts, and crispy rice cereal.
Servings: 30 Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened or dairy-free butter or shortening like Earth Balance Buttery Sticks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs ~ egg substitute if needed (see notes)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour ~ gluten-free like Pamela’s Artesian GF Flour or King Arthur Measure for Measure
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder corn-free if needed
- 2 cups oats I use old fashioned (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts I use walnuts or pecans ~ omit for nut-free
Preheat oven to 375
Cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
Add flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, mix until just combined. Add oats, coconut, crispy rice cereal and nuts. Gently mix or stir to combine.
Form into walnut-sized balls or a medium scoop and flatten slightly with a fork or your hand.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let sit after removing from the oven for about 1 minute.
Cool completely on wire racks.