Turkey and Sage Breakfast Patties are a delicious alternative to regular pork sausage patties except for a lot healthier.
This recipe is perfect for those who can’t have gluten, yeast, or dairy. I love that I know exactly what is in it and can indulge without worrying.
These turkey and sage patties are easy to make and taste amazing. I wasn’t expecting to like this recipe, but I am not a fan of regular sausage, so I decided I had to find a replacement, and this is a keeper!
Just How Versatile Are Turkey and Sage Breakfast Patties?
- Enjoy them for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner.
- High protein snack.
- Sandwiches and wraps.
- Breakfast burritos.
- Crumbled in gravy over biscuits.
- Mixed in egg omelets, if you can have eggs.
Easy Homemade Savory Gravy is a full-flavored, healthy gravy option that would be fantastic with these healthy sausage patties.
To Make Turkey and Sage Breakfast Patties You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Ground hormone-free turkey ~ other options might be ground chicken or pork (not sausage)
- Dried or fresh sage
- Dried thyme
- Dried garlic powder or 1/2 tsp dried garlic flakes ~ Fody Garlic Replacer for Low FODMAP
- Green onions ~Top only for Low FODMAP
- Red pepper flakes
- Oil to cook patties is optional; I suggest Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, or Olive Oil. Garlic Infused Olive Oil might be good too, especially for Low-FODMAP.
Weight watcher points add 1 point per lb of meat cooked without oil. If the recipe is divided into 8 patties, count 2 points per pattie.
Please pin and save…
Turkey and Sage Breakfast Patties
- 1 lb ground hormone free turkey ~ other options might be ground chicken or pork, but not sausage
- 1 tsp dried sage crushed or 1 Tbsp fresh, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp dried garlic powder or 1/2 tsp dried garlic flakes ~ omit for Low-FODMAP
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp green onions very finely chopped
- pinch red pepper flakes
- oil to cook patties is optional I suggest Avocado Oil, Coconut Oil, or Olive Oil. Garlic infused for Low-FODMAP
- In a large mixing bowl add all ingredients except oil. Mix well.
- Form eight 1/2 inch patties. Heat oil in a large skillet and cook patties about 4 minutes on each side or until nicely browned.
- That’s it…so simple. Enjoy!
- Next time you will probably want to make a double batch…am I right?
- Weight watcher points add 1point per lb of meat cooked without oil. If recipe is divided into 8 patties count 2 points per pattie.
This is the brand I like to use, Fody Garlic Infused Olive Oil.