This refreshing Summer Bliss Smoothie Bowl is a meal in itself, and a delicious one at that. It’s loaded with the fruit that I froze over the summer but just about any frozen fruit can be added to a smoothie bowl. Blended frozen fruit tastes like fruit sorbet but there is no added sugar, just the sweetness from the fruit.
Orgain Organic Protein Powder uses stevia as a sweetener which is one of the reasons I choose to use this brand exclusively. This protein powder is also organic and plant-based. Orgain is one of the best tasting protein powders I have found, and I have tried my share.
If you prefer a smoothie bowl with less fat just omit nuts and seeds.
To Make A Summer Bliss Smoothie Bowl You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Frozen strawberries
- Frozen watermelon
- Frozen mangos
- Frozen cherries
- Frozen grapes
- Dried date
- Vanilla Bean Protein Powder ~ I use Orgain Organic Plant-Based Protein Powder
- Old Fashioned Oats ~ Certified Gluten-Free if needed
- Non-dairy-free milk
- Flaxseed ~ ground
- Chia seeds
- Frozen blueberries to mix in the bowl (not blended)
- Walnuts ~ or other nuts (omit for nut-free)
- Hemp seeds
- Dried wild blueberries or dried cherries (I’m partial to the dried blueberries and my favorite is Trader Joe’s Dried Wild Blueberries)
**My best tip to keep smoothie bowls from melting too fast:
After the smoothie bowl is completely blended and transferred to a bowl, stir in the frozen blueberries. These frozen blueberries will keep the smoothie bowl deliciously thick until the very last bite.
Try these deliciously thick smoothie bowls too:
Here are two products I always have on hand and that I highly recommend:
Summer Bliss Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup Frozen strawberries 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup Frozen watermelon 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup Frozen mango to 1 1/2 cups
- 6 Frozen cherries
- 10 Frozen grapes ~ handful
- 1 Dried date ~ cut into about 6 pieces
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder ~ I use Orgain Organic Protein Powder
- 1/3 Old Fashioned Oats ~ Certified Gluten-Free if needed
- 1/4 cup non-dairy-free milk 1/3 is fine too
- 1 tbsp Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries to mix in the bowl not blended
- Let watermelon and strawberries sit out for 5-8 minutes before starting the smoothie bowl. These fruits freeze very hard especially the watermelon and will make blending extremely difficult.
- Add oats to the Vitamix first followed by protein powder, flaxseeds, mangos, cherries, watermelon, grapes, chia seeds, strawberries, and non-dairy milk.
- Blend everything stopping a couple of times to scrape the sides and mix things around a bit.
- When the mixture is spinning nicely and looks smooth dump smoothie into a bowl and stir in the frozen blueberries, dried blueberries, and nuts. Here is my best tip with smoothie bowls. Mix everything together, most important the frozen blueberries. These blueberries will keep the smoothie bowl from melting and it will stay deliciously thick until the very last bite.
1-2 Tbsp chopped walnuts ~ or other nuts (omit for nut-free)
1/2 2 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
Dried wild blueberries or dried cherries (I’m partial to the dried blueberries and my favorites are from Trader Joes)