I’m super excited about these new Saturday Market Muffins! I decided to call them Saturday Market Muffins because they contain various healthy ingredients. Your teeth will sink into a tender but sturdy muffin bursting with flavor.
These dense, hearty muffins keep your tummy full longer without added fat.
Look at all the yummy carrots, apples, nuts, and raisins in these muffins!! You can’t see it, but there’s lots of fiber from the oat bran and flaxseed.
Breakfast or snack? I’m thinking maybe both!
Count 4 weight watcher points plus for each muffin.
To Make These Saturday Market Muffins, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Flour (gluten-free if needed) I used a gluten-free flour blend for baking King Arthur Measure for Measure is an outstanding packaged gluten-free flour.
- Flaxseed meal
- Oat bran
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Xanthan gum or guar gum if gluten-free flour was used
- Chopped nuts
- Milk ~ or milk substitute
- Eggs ~ or egg substitutes, I use Ener-G Egg Replacer or aquafaba
These muffins would also complement a hearty bowl of this ground turkey and 7 vegetable soup on a cozy fall evening.
Saturday Market Muffins
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prepare muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray or use liners.
- 1 1/2 cups flour gluten-free if needed I used a gluten-free flour blend for baking.
- 3/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 3/4 cup oat bran
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- *1 tsp xanthan gum if gluten-free flour was used and not part of the listed ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups carrots peeled and grated
- 1 medium apple peeled and grated
- 1 medium apple peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 3/4 cup milk or milk substitute
- 2 eggs or egg substitutes I use Ener-G Egg Replacer or aquafaba
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, flaxseed meal, oat bran, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and xanthan gum (if needed). Mix well.
- In a small bowl add milk, (or milk substitute) eggs, (or egg substitute) and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add grated and chopped carrots and apples, raisins, and nuts to dry ingredients. Stir together. This will be very thick.
- Add liquid ingredients into dry ingredients and stir. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake for 20-22 minutes. Cool on wire racks.