Quinoa & Oat No-Bake Bars are just as delicious as any no-bake bar but we just took it up a notch on the healthy scale. Don’t worry the flavor didn’t change at all; in fact, they might even be a little more enticing!
Quinoa flakes can be substituted in all kinds of recipes that call for oats. Just start experimenting with partial amounts of quinoa flakes for the oat flakes. Most likely you won’t even notice a change unless you substituted a large amount, then you will get more of the quinoa flavor coming through.
I used regular peanut butter instead of a natural type in this recipe to give the bars a little more stability since I reduced some of the fat. If you use natural nut butter these no-bake bars will hold their shape best refrigerated or frozen. I like to keep my no-bake bars in the freezer anyway because they are delicious cold.
Why Add Quinoa To Recipes That Already Have Healthy Oats?
- Quinoa is mineral-rich and high in protein
- It’s naturally gluten-free
- Provides all nine essential amino acids
- Like oats, it’s low-fat and high in fiber
To Make Quinoa & Oat No-Bake Bars You Will Need:
- Nut butter of your choice ~ I used Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter
- Honey ~ Agave for vegan
- Coconut Oil
- Unsweetened Coconut
- Quinoa Flakes
- Quick Cooking Oats ~ Gluten-free if needed
- Cocoa Powder
Quinoa & oat no-bake bars are perfect for dessert or snacks and for all ages too. They are quick and easy to make and even easier to eat!
I hope you take a few minutes to whip some up and enjoy that rich chocolate flavor of this healthier version made with quality ingredients.
Here is another fun gluten-free quinoa recipe you might like to try, Tri-Colored Quinoa Nutty Snack Bars.
If you are a SunButter fan try these Gluten-Free Peanut Butter/SunButter Crispy Treats, this is one of my all-time favorite recipes.
Quinoa & Oat No-Bake Bars
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup honey or agave for vegan
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats ~ gluten-free if needed
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Prepare an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper or line the bottom with wax paper.
- In a medium saucepan add the peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil. Heat mixture on a low setting until melted and smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt again stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and gently stir until completely mixed.
- Dump mixture into the prepared pan pushing mixture firmly and evenly.
- Freeze until the no-bake bars are firm enough to cut and not fall apart.