Quinoa coconut chocolate chip cookies have a little burst of coconut flavor in a slightly crunchy cookie and some good old-fashioned semi-sweet chocolate chips in every bite. They are almost too good to be true.
To Make Quinoa Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Gluten-free baking flour blend ~ corn and nut-free if needed
- Guar gum or Xanthan gum ~ omit if this ingredient is already in the Gluten-free baking blend
- Quinoa flakes
- Baking Powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips ~ I used allergy-friendly chips, some examples are: Enjoy Life and Nestle Tollhouse
The quinoa flakes provide a similar chewy texture that you would get in an oatmeal cookie. In fact, if you prefer you can always substitute oats for the quinoa flakes or try half of each.
If chocolate chips aren’t appealing to you try one of these options instead:
- Dried cranberries or cherries
- White chocolate chips ~ Baker’s Choice is gluten and dairy-free
- Unsweetened coconut
- Colorful sprinkles
Enjoy them freshly baked, frozen, or at room temperature. I’m even guilty of adding vanilla frosting on top sometimes.
Quinoa Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp Gluten-free baking flour blend ~ corn-free If needed
- 1/2 tsp Guar gum or Xanthan gum ~ omit if this ingredient is already in the Gluten-free baking blend
- 1 cup Quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips ~ I used allergy-friendly chips
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In a large mixing bowl cream coconut oil and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla extract, and water. Mix well.
- Add all other ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop up about 1 1/2 Tbsp of dough and place on prepared cookie sheet leaving some space between for slight spreading.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit on the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack. Store room temperature cookies an airtight container or freeze.