Peanut Butter Holiday Oat Bars ~ Flourless, Gluten Free Dessert
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
Bite after bite peanut butter holiday oat bars sprinkled with flavored baking chips and chocolate candy will put a smile on your face and have you coming back for more. It’s a good thing this recipe makes a large cookie sheet full.
You can enjoy these while they are still warm and slightly gooey or after they firm up a bit and pack a couple around in your hands.
Try this recipe using different flavored chips, but check labels for gluten-free if needed. Mini M&M’S are gluten-free which is great news because I love them! Just note that the M&M’S Pretzels are not.
You will be surprised how quick and easy these flourless bars are to make…and how quickly they disappear!
These peanut butter oat bars are perfect for holidays, get-togethers, picnics and lunches. And of course, snacks too. Pack some up for your next beach trip or hike.
Another tasty dessert recipe you might like to try is GF Coconut Oat Vegan Cookie Bars.
To Make Peanut Butter Oat Bars You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Butter or a non-dairy substitute
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Creamy or crunchy peanut butter ~ substitute if needed with any nut or seed butter
- Quick cooking oats ~gluten-free if needed
- Old-fashioned oats ~ gluten-free if needed
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips ~ allergy-friendly if needed. I use Enjoy Life brand.
- Mini M&Ms or substitute if needed
Peanut Butter Holiday Oat Bars
- 1/2 cup butter or non-dairy substitute softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats gluten-free if needed
- 3 cups old fashioned oats gluten-free if needed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Semisweet baking bits or 1/2 cups Semisweet baking bits or Mini M&M'S and 1/2 cups peanut butter chips
- * for dairy-free use 1 1/2 - 2 cups allergy-friendly mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- * another delicious option for these bars are white chocolate chips and Semisweet baking bits
- Preheat oven to 350 Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter or non-dairy substitute, sugars, and peanut butter.
- The mixture will become a light color and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add all oats and baking soda, mix to combine. Stir in candy and chips if you choose that option.
- Press mixture onto the prepared baking sheet using a spatula and/or your hands.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. The edges will get lightly brown. The center will firm up as it cools. It's best to let these bars sit for 45-60 minutes before cutting. I always sample the edges because I can't wait that long!!
- Store in an airtight container or freeze for longer storage.
or Mini M&M'S which are gluten-free.
Please pin and share