Pancake Donuts and Muffins that are gluten, dairy, nut, soy, and corn-free plus Low FODMAP and my new fun way to eat pancakes without getting out the griddle. I find making food in different shapes adds another level of interest too.
These pancake flavored muffins and donuts are freezer-friendly for a quick grab’n-go breakfast, or to take along for a snack wherever your day takes you.
If you are not gluten-free, go ahead and sub in regular all-purpose flour. The same goes for the milk, it doesn’t have to be dairy-free.
Maple syrup and butter are delicious, but peanut butter (or other nut or seed butter) and jam are tasty too. And no plate is needed for peanut butter and jam so that makes a perfect snack with extra protein.
The Ingredients For These Easy Pancake Donuts and Muffins Are:
- Gluten-free flour blend ~ check labels for soy, corn, and Xanthan gum if needed.
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Brown sugar
- Dairy-free milk ~ I use Macadamia milk
- Lg Egg
- Non-dairy butter, melted ~ I used Violife
- Large banana
- Fresh blueberries or chocolate chips
- Pure maple syrup, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, jam ~ for toppings
Plate them and eat them like you would any other pancake.
Another fun way to make pancakes is by baking them on a sheet pan in the oven, Gluten-Free Sheet Pan Pancakes.
Pancake Donuts and Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-free flour blend ~ check labels for soy corn, and xanthan gum if needed.
- 1 Tbsp Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 2 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Non-dairy butter melted ~ I used Violife
- 1 1/2 cups Dairy-free milk ~ I use Macadamia milk
- 1 Lg Egg
- 1/2 Lg Banana ~ cut into small pieces
- 1/2 -3/4 cup Fresh blueberries or Chocolate chips
- Pure maple syrup ~ peanut butter, sunflower seed butter, or jam for toppings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease the donut pan and the muffin tin or use silicone liners for muffins.
- Melt non-dairy or butter and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, and brown sugar. Stir to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add non-dairy milk and egg and lightly whisk together. Stir in melted non-dairy butter.
- Add cut up bananas and blueberries or chocolate chips. Fold to mix in.
- Fill donut pan sections and muffin tin 3/4 full. Bake for 17-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit 3-4 minutes.
- Serve with non-dairy butter or butter, syrup, nut butter, and/or jam. Or enjoy plain.