Fit & Fab Granola…just saying the name of this recipe makes me feel healthy.
Try this flavorful granola that my daughter made when she was in college. She still likes to add cinnamon to a lot of her breakfast dishes, and it adds a nice touch to this granola.
Add some cinnamon to your breakfast because…
Cinnamon has some great qualities and is a flavorsome way to replace sugar in the diet.
It’s beneficial to those on a Yeast Free Diet, particularly for Candida overgrowth.
Did you know cinnamon might also be helpful to those with arthritic pain and in reducing inflammation?
The best thing about cinnamon though…it tastes good!
Leigha’s fit & fab granola has endless options. Try some sprinkled on yogurt, on cooked oatmeal, or in a bowl with sliced bananas with some milk or a milk substitute. It’s even good by the handful! You can use granola in recipes like fruit crisps, cookies, and one of our favorites, SunButter No-Bake Granola Clusters.
This granola recipe counts as 6 Weight Watcher points plus per 1/2 cup.
To Make Leigha’s Fit & Fab Granola You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Old fashion oats ~ Gluten Free Oats if needed
- Coconut flakes
- Brown sugar
- Canola oil or coconut oil
- Honey (for a vegan substitute with brown rice syrup or pure maple syrup)
- Raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
- Crushed nuts, any variety
- To reduce weight watcher points use 1/2 cup of raisins or dried cranberries, and leave out the nuts. This will make each 1/2 cup serving 5 points.
Store fit & fab granola in jars or any airtight container.
Share some with a friend, they will love it. Decorate a jar and give it as a gift.
Be sure to try some Gluten-Free Natural Snack Bars too.
Leigha's Fit & Fab Granola
- 4 cups old fashion oats Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats if needed
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey for a vegan substitute with brown rice syrup or pure maple syrup
- 1/2 -1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup raisins or dried cranberries optional
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts any variety
- Mix all ingredients except canola oil, honey, and vanilla, in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix canola oil, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl. Mix well and pour immediately over oat mixture.
- Stir everything together really well, until the oat mixture is evenly coated with the honey mixture.
- Pour granola onto a large baking sheet with edges prepared with a cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes stirring 2-3 times throughout.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Break apart and store in jars or any airtight container.