Healthy pumpkin scones with blueberries are one of my favorite breakfast treats. I love to use fresh blueberries when in season and gobble them up while they are still warm from the oven. I sure hope you try some!!
We like to add chopped walnuts to as many baked items as possible, but for those who can’t have nuts…no worries; these scones are delicious, with or without.
The dough will be sticky, so plop it on the parchment paper with a spatula or spoon. No fancy shape or form is necessary; we focus on flavor, not shape, for these healthy scones.
If desired, a few extra blueberries can be added on top and gently pushed in before baking.
Here Is A List Of Ingredients You Will Need To Make These Healthy Pumpkin Scones with Blueberries:
- Oat flour ~ gluten-free if needed
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Pumpkin spice ~ make your own with this recipe
- Pumpkin puree
- Salted butter or a vegan substitute
- Milk or a dairy-free substitute
- Blueberries ~ preferably fresh, but either will work
- Finely chopped walnuts ~ optional
Pumpkin is a healthy food choice, and can be enjoyed all year long!
You might also like to try these low fat healthy apple-berry breakfast bars made with oats, apples, and bananas.
Healthy Pumpkin Scones with Blueberries
- 2/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp Oat flour ~ gluten-free if needed
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin spice ~ optional homemade version
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp Salted butter ~ cold
- 1 Tbsp Milk or non-dairy substitute
- 3/4 cup Blueberries ~ I prefer to use fresh when in season
- 3 Tbsp Walnuts ~ finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl add oat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and pumpkin spice. Stir well.
- Cut cold butter into the flour mixture.
- Stir in the pumpkin and milk. When it is combined, carefully fold in blueberries and optional nuts.
- Divide the dough into 3 sections and form mounds on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes.
- Enjoy while warm or at room temperature.
- These scones can be stored in an airtight container for about 3 days, or freeze for longer storage.