Healthy gluten-free collagen breakfast cookies are irresistibly soft and slightly chewy with fiber, 5 grams of protein, and loads of flavor.
This hearty gluten-free cookie serves as a quick breakfast, a healthy snack, or dessert; maybe all three since they are pretty darn healthy and filled with quality ingredients…a little chocolate too.
I like to make a double batch and keep a healthy stash in the freezer. Pop one in the microwave for about 20 seconds, and you have a freshly baked cookie.
To Make Healthy Gluten-Free Collagen Breakfast Cookies, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Spotted bananas, mashed ~just ripe and no spots for Low FODMAP
- Vanilla extract
- Natural peanut butter; I used creamy ~ sunflower seed butter for nut-free
- Pure maple syrup, agave syrup, honey – or a combination of any three
- Old-fashioned gluten-free oats
- Gluten-free flour – any you desire. My favorites are Pamela’s Products – Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour – Artesian Blend, Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour, and Sorghum flour.
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Ground flax seed
- Collagen peptides ~ vegan if needed
- Walnuts (or other nuts of your choice) omit or sunflower seeds for nut-free
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips ~ I use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, dairy & gluten-free
You will need just one big bowl to mix up these tasty cookies. These healthy cookies are easily mixed by hand or with an electric mixer.
You will love these soft sweet cookies fresh from the oven. The melted chocolate melds perfectly with the peanut butter taste. Mmm, so good!
You might also like this giant gluten-free chocolate chip cookie with collagen.
Healthy Gluten-Free Collagen Breakfast Cookies
- 3 spotted bananas ~ mashed ~ just ripe and no spots for Low FODMAP
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter ~ I used creamy ~ sunflower seed butter for nut-free
- 3 Tbs pure maple syrup agave syrup, or honey - or a combination of any of the three
- 2 cups old-fashioned gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free flour - any you desire. My favorites are Pamela's Products - Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour - Artesian Blend Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour, and Sorghum.
- 1 tsp baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1 Tbs ground flax seed
- 1 scoop collagen peptides ~ or 2 tbsps
- 3 Tbs chopped walnuts ~ or other nuts of your choice ~ omit for nut-free or use sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbs unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips ~ I use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips dairy & gluten-free
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare baking sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl add mashed bananas, vanilla, peanut butter, and pure maple syrup. Mix well.
- Add oats, flour, flax seeds, collagen, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Add chopped nuts, coconut, and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Scoop mounds of dough onto prepared baking sheets. These cookies will not spread out, so quite a few will fit on the baking sheet at a time. Bake for about 14 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.