Healthy GF SunButter cookies are super thin, soft, and chewy. These cookies are so incredibly good I am positive you will be pleasantly surprised when you take that first bite.
To Make Healthy GF SunButter Cookies You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Vanilla extract
- Gluten-free flour ~ I used King Arthur Measure for Measure. Regular flour is fine if GF is not needed.
- Baking soda
- White Baking Chips ~ optional. I use Bakers Choice gluten and dairy-free. A delicious vegan mini chip.
Some brands of sunflower seed butter tend to vary in thick/thinness and can be a bit oilier than others. I suggest doing a test cookie, for example; bake one cookie first and see if the cookie seems too thin. It is a thin cookie but you can add 2 more tablespoons of flour to firm it up just a bit.
After the cookies have cooled I like to set mine on paper towels to absorb some of the extra oils.
These are the allergy-friendly white chips I use all the time in my recipes:
Another tasty sunflower seed butter cookie I highly recommend is SunButter cookies with dried blueberries. They are also chewy and so darn good with dried blueberries!!
I hope you enjoy the cookies!
Healthy GF SunButter Cookies
- 1 cup SunButter ~ (Sun Flower Seed Butter) For this recipe I prefer the SunButter Brand
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp gluten-free flour if needed ~ I used King Arthur Measure for Measure. Regular flour is fine if you don't need gluten-free.
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Optional Mini White Chips (Dairy and gluten-free) ~ I used Bakers Choice White Chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Make a well in the middle and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix all together.
- Form dough into small balls and place them on a lined baking sheet. Push down the balls to about half the size. Add a few white chips on top if desired. Bake one test cookie. If you prefer a little thicker cookie add 2 more tablespoons of gluten-free flour or oat flour.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350. Let cookies rest about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Then set cookies on paper towels to absorb some extra oils if desired.