Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Baked Donuts, Waffles, & Muffins are tender and decadent. You can also make this simple recipe into a wonderful quick bread for breakfast, brunch, snack time, or dessert.
To Make These Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Baked Muffins, Donuts & Waffles, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Oat flour
- Cocoa powder
- Instant coffee ~ I use Starbucks French Roast, but any type is fine
- Baking soda
- Baking powder ~ Corn-free if needed
- Sugar ~ regular or beet ~ Monk Fruit sweetener for low sugar
- Regular, dairy-free, or Lactose Free yogurt. Plain or flavored ~ I’ve used strawberry and blueberry coconut yogurt.
- Vanilla extract
- Olive oil
- Nut or seed butter ~ I’ve used cashew and peanut butter
- Mini or regular chocolate chips ~ I used an allergy-friendly semi-sweet chip like Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
- Optional Cacao nibs
- Optional dried wild blueberries
Bake in a loaf pan and serve plain or with creamy peanut butter, almond butter, or SunButter.
Baked waffles are super fun and can be made with any muffin or cake recipe. You will need a waffle cake pan instead of a waffle maker. I even use the waffle cake pan to make individual servings of cakes.
When you make baked donuts don’t fill the sections too full, that’s my biggest problem. About 3/4 full allows the donuts to rise nicely.
Serve some healthy baked donuts for breakfast, brunch, snacks, or dessert!
You might also like to try Baked Zucchini Apple Donuts.
Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Baked Muffins, Donuts, & Waffles
- 1 + 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp instant coffee grounds I use 1/2 tsp
- 3/4 tsp baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup regular or beet sugar Monkfruit sweetener for low-sugar
- 1 cup packed grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup yogurt ~ any flavor or type. I've used plain and strawberry
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips ~ I used Enjoy Life
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs optional
- 1/4 cup optional dried wild blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees
- Lightly grease baking pans.
- In a large mixing bowl add all dry ingredients (first 8) and mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl add zucchini, yogurt, vanilla, oil, and cashew butter. Mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to form the batter. Fold in chocolate chips and optional cacao nibs.
- Fill your choice of baking pans with batter 3/4 full. This is for donuts, muffins, and waffles. If you are making the bread fill one bread pan with batter.
- Bake muffins, waffles, and donuts about 22 minutes. Bake bread for about 40 minutes. Bread is done when it springs back when lightly touched.
- If you decide to frost them wait until they are at room temperature.