Healthiest GF Banana Muffins are so tender and full of flavor no one will ever suspect they are healthy! And the fact that they are gluten, dairy, and egg-free is an absolute bonus. Low FODMAP diets can also enjoy these muffins using bananas that don’t have spots and using lactose-free yogurt.
Other allergens they are free from are:
These muffins are so healthy you can enjoy them at any time of the day breakfast, brunch, snacks, and even dessert.
Make some and stash them in the freezer for those crazy mornings when there is not even enough time to microwave some oats!!
I decided to divide my batter in half. I made an 8-inch square snack cake and used the rest for muffins. The muffins will bake for about 25 minutes and the cake for about 30 minutes. Just insert a toothpick to check doneness.
To Make The Healthiest GF Banana Muffins or Snack Cake You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Oat flour ~ certified gluten-free if needed
- Baking soda
- Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
- Ripe bananas ~ no spots for Low FODMAP
- Plain or vanilla yogurt ~ any type that fits your diet; Lactose-free for Low FODMAP
- Pure maple syrup
- Granulated sugar
- Non-dairy milk
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped walnuts if you are not nut-free or omit them for a lower fat version
For the best traditional banana bread with gluten, dairy, and egg-free options, try this one-of-a-kind recipe my husband and I created over the years.
Healthiest GF Banana Muffins
- 2 cups Oat flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder ~ corn-free if needed
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Chopped walnuts ~ optional omit for nut-free
- 1 + 1/2 cup Mashed spotted bananas ~ no spots for Low FODMAP
- 1/2 cup Plain or vanilla non-dairy yogurt ~ lactose free for Low FODMAP
- 1/2 cup Pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Non-dairy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Prepare the muffin tin with cupcake holders or grease muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients and chopped nuts if adding them. Stir to combine ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add all the rest of the ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Fill the muffin tin sections 3/4 full.
- If you decide to make a snack cake line the 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and pour in half of the batter.
- Bake muffins for 25 minutes. Bake snack cake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let muffins sit for 7-10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Recipe idea from chocolatecoveredkatie