Delicious and easy gluten-free stuffing. It’s about time we can enjoy stuffing during the holidays and not feel terrible afterward! Kids will love this simple gluten-free stuffing too.
The two best things about this recipe are that it’s incredibly easy and insanely delicious.
Try these variations:
~ Add 1 tsp minced garlic and 1 tsp thyme.
~ Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
To make your own croutons for stuffing from slices of gluten-free bread, I suggest cutting the cubes as shown in this picture:
Place the cut cubes on a baking sheet and toast in a 325-degree oven for about 25 minutes or desired doneness. The texture should be completely toasted, not soft. Bread cubes for stuffing can be made and stored for up to a week or two ahead—store toasted cubes in an air-tight container or bag after they are completely cooled.
I actually prefer making my own cubes from my gluten-free bread, but premade croutons are a great option. If you purchase croutons, please check the package label for allergens.
To Make Gluten-Free Stuffing, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Gluten-free croutons ~ There are many varieties available, or you can make your own croutons from well-toasted bread cut into cubes.
- Chicken broth ~ vegetable for vegetarian
- Butter ~ or non-dairy substitute
- Dried parsley
Try this super quick and easy savory gravy on your stuffing and potatoes too.
- 1- 12 oz package gluten-free croutons or stuffing. There are many varieties available.
- 2- 1/2 cups chicken broth or vegetable for vegetarian – kind of a personal choice, but I suggest you use at least this amount.
- 3-4 Tbs melted butter or non-dairy substitute
- 1 Tbs dried parsley; chopped; 3-4 Tbs fresh
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly coat a casserole dish with a non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl add gluten-free croutons or stuffing. Set aside.
- In a small skillet sauté celery and onions in butter or non-dairy substitute.
- Saute for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add celery and onions to croutons and gently mix. Add chicken broth, mixing gently.
- Place into a casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until hot and golden brown.
~ add 1 tsp minced garlic and 1 tsp thyme.
~ for a vegetarian stuffing substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
Here is an example of a purchased gluten-free stuffing. This particular one contains eggs as many do. Remember to read labels.