Gluten-Free Natural Snack Bars are perfect for packing on a hike, long beach walk, or day biking. These allergy-friendly snack bars have just five simple ingredients and are freezer-friendly. You might want to make a couple of batches!
A snack bar has to provide me with a blood sugar lift and sustain me during high-energy activities. These do just that.
This gluten-free snack bar/energy bar isn’t loaded with processed sugar and preservatives. I think these snack bars are even tastier after the first day.
What Kinds Of Substitutes Can I Use In These Natural Snack Bars?
- Sunflower seed butter and sunflower seeds for nut-free diets.
- Agave syrup or pure maple syrup for the honey
- Quinoa flakes for part of the rolled oats
Optional add-ins for this natural snack bar:
- Mini chocolate chips ~ I use Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips.
- Raisins or dried cranberries
- Unsweetened coconut
- Reese’s Pieces
To Make These Gluten-Free Natural Snack Bars, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Old-fashioned oats ~ certified gluten-free if needed
- Honey ~ agave or pure maple syrup if preferred
- Peanut butter or substitute another nut or seed butter
- Chopped peanuts or another nut or seed
- Mini chocolate chips, Reese’s Pieces, or raisins
Gluten-Free Natural Snack Bars
- 4 cups old fashioned oats ~ certified gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup honey ~ agave or pure maple syrup can be substituted
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (I used natural) ~ or other nut butter I used natural peanut butter. Sunflower seed butter for nut-free.
- 1/2 cup peanuts ~ chopped or other nuts or seeds.
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips ~ raisins, Reese's Pieces, or dried cranberries. (optional)
- Spray a 9″x13″ cake pan with non-stick cooking spray or lightly coat with coconut oil. Preheat oven to 350.
- In a heavy-duty mixer (not a hand mixer) combine all ingredients.
- Press into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, edges will be slightly brown.
- Cool 10 minutes before cutting. Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 month. Or you could store them in the freezer.