These unforgettable gluten-free lemon bars will leave an impression I promise. Each bite tastes like a sip of lemonade, which was a pleasant surprise for someone who eats mostly dark chocolate treats.
The texture is not cake like or chewy like a brownie, it’s honestly best described as dreamy.
To Make These Gluten-Free Lemon Bars You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Gluten-free flour baking blend that includes Xanthan gum or guar gum ~ guar gum for Low FODMAP
- Sugar ~ granulated or beet
- Butter or a dairy-free substitute ~ I haven’t tried this recipe with a dairy-free substitute, but I have found sometimes in some recipes, a little less is needed. Some types of dairy-free butter can be watery when heated.
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkles for fun to add some color ~ optional
For best results, store lemon bars in the refrigerator or freeze them for longer storage.
Another easy and delicious lemon dessert is Mom’s Lemonade Pie.
If you don’t have a square baking pan, I would definitely consider investing in a couple. You may find you use them more than any other baking pan…not counting cookie sheets.
I prefer baking pans with raised lids, so frosting and decorations aren’t smashed from the saran wrap or foil. I personally don’t worry about non-stick-coated pans because I always line them with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Enjoy the Lemon Bars! Yum
Gluten-Free Lemon Bars
- 1 1/4 cups Gluten-free baking blend that includes Xanthan gum or Guar gum. Guar gum for Low FODMAP
- 1 cup Granulated or beet sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lg eggs
- 1/2 cup or 1 cube salted butter ~ slightly melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add gluten-free baking blend, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Partially melt the butter or butter substitute in the microwave.
- Add eggs, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and zest and mix well.
- Add wet mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean testing the center of the lemon bars.
- Remove bars from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Combine powdered sugar and 2 tbsp lemon juice in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spread lemon icing over cooled bars.
This recipe is from www.fearlessdining.com