These unforgettable gluten-free lemon bars will leave an impression I promise. Each bite tastes like a sip of lemonade, which was a pleasant surprise for someone who eats mostly dark chocolate treats.
The texture is not cake like or chewy like a brownie, it’s honestly best described as dreamy.
To Make These Gluten-Free Lemon Bars You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Gluten-free flour baking blend that includes Xanthan gum or guar gum ~ guar gum for Low FODMAP
- Sugar ~ granulated or beet
- Butter or a dairy-free substitute ~ I haven’t tried this recipe with a dairy-free substitute, but I have found sometimes in some recipes, a little less is needed. Some types of dairy-free butter can be watery when heated.
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Powdered sugar
- Sprinkles for fun to add some color ~ optional
For best results store lemon bars in the refrigerator or freeze them for longer storage.
Another easy and absolutely delicious lemon dessert is Mom’s Lemonade Pie.
If you don’t have a square baking pan I would definitely consider investing in a couple. You may find you use them more than any other baking pan…not counting cookie sheets.
I prefer baking pans that come with raised lids so frosting and decorations aren’t smashed from the saran wrap or foil. I personally don’t worry about non-stick coated pans because I always line them with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
Gluten-Free Lemon Bars
- 1 1/4 cups Gluten-free baking blend that includes Xanthan gum or Guar gum. Guar gum for Low FODMAP
- 1 cup Granulated or beet sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lg eggs
- 1/2 cup or 1 cube salted butter ~ slightly melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add gluten-free baking blend, sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Partially melt the butter or butter substitute in the microwave.
- Add eggs, 1/4 cup lemon juice, and zest and mix well.
- Add wet mixture to flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean testing the center of the lemon bars.
- Remove bars from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Combine powdered sugar and 2 tbsp lemon juice in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spread lemon icing over cooled bars.
This recipe is from www.fearlessdining.com