These gluten-free coconut-oat & mini chip cookies are a gluten-free version of my grandmother’s ranger cookies.
I was making some Ranger Cookies for my family and wanted to make myself some gluten-free ones too. By the time I started the gluten-free cookies I realized I was out of nuts…darn!
No time to go to the store!
I decided to leave out the crispy rice cereal along with the nuts, and add some mini chocolate chips in with the coconut and oats. I love the results and renamed them coconut-oat & mini chip cookies.
This recipe is definitely worth sharing.
To Make GF Coconut – Oat & Mini Chip Cookies You Will Need These Ingredients:
butter or butter substitute.
granulated sugar, I used beet sugar.
eggs or egg replacer equal to 2 eggs, I used an egg replacer.
brown or white rice flour.
garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour.
xanthan gum or guar gum.
coconut, I used sweetened.
old fashioned oats, I used gluten-free.
mini chocolate chips, I used an allergy-friendly brand.
These coconut oat cookies freeze great too!
Weight watcher points are 4 each cookie.
And don’t forget to check out my Grandma’s tasty Ranger Cookies too!
GF Coconut – Oat & Mini Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter or butter substitute.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar I used beet sugar.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs or egg replacer equal to 2 eggs I used an egg replacer.
- 1 cup brown or white rice flour.
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum.
- 1 cup coconut I used sweetened.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats I used gluten-free.
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips I used an allergy-friendly brand.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine butter, or butter substitute, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Mix until creamy.
- Add vanilla and eggs or egg substitute. Mix well.
- Add coconut and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- In a small bowl mix flours, oats, baking soda, salt, and xanthan gum together. Add to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Drop by 2 Tbls for smaller cookies, or 4 Tbls for larger cookies onto prepared pans.
- Bake about 9-10 minutes for smaller cookies and 11-12 minutes for larger cookies.
- Let cookies sit on the baking pans for a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack.