Here is a super easy gluten-free chocolate snack’n cake recipe you are going to want to keep handy. It’s moist, delicious, and simple; everything we want in a dessert and more!
The texture of this chocolate cake is so soft your teeth just sink into every dreamy bite.
If you count Weight Watcher points plus, you are looking at 5 points for 12 servings.
Here Are Some Different Ingredient Options You Can Use In This Recipe:
- Regular or gluten-free flours are fine, but leave out xanthan gum or guar gum when using regular all-purpose flour, and check labels on gluten-free baking flours. Most gluten-free baking flour mixes already include xanthan gum.
- Use one egg or your favorite egg replacer. I prefer Aquafaba and EnerG Egg Replacer.
- Brown sugar, date sugar, or regular granulated sugar, all work fine or for a less sugar option try Monk Fruit Sweetener.
To Make This Gluten-Free Chocolate Snack’n Cake You Will Need:
- Bananas – medium size
- Date sugar or brown sugar
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Pure vanilla extract
- Egg or egg replacer ~ I used Ener-G Egg Replacer.
- Gluten-free flour baking mix ~ I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Xanthan gum ~ guar gum for corn-free
- Semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life Allergy-Friendly Mini Chocolate Chips.
Serve this cake at room temperature unless you are like me and can’t wait…dig right in!
And next time try another one of my favorite chocolate cakes; Fudgy GF Chocolate Cake, I think you will agree that both recipes are keepers!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Snack'n Cake
- 3 bananas ripe medium size
- 3/4 cup date sugar brown sugar is fine too.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg or egg replacer. I used Ener-G Egg Replacer.
- 1 cup gluten-free flour I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour.
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum guar gum for corn-free
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips I used Enjoy LIfe Allergy-Friendly Mini Chocolate Chips.
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8"x 8" pan with a non-stick spray.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar and mix well. Add applesauce, vanilla, and egg or egg replacer. Mix well.
- In a small mixing bowl add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan. Top with 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature…unless you are like me and can't wait and dig right in!