I’ve been in the mood for some pumpkin waffles, but I didn’t want to add eggs, fat, or sugar.
I am happy with the results of these banana, pumpkin & oat waffles, and I am excited to share them with you.
Hemp or even chia seeds sprinkled on top before closing the waffle iron is optional but adds a little something extra nutritionally and looks extra special too.
I like to add about 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds to my food daily, usually breakfast…they have some great nutritional benefits. Hemp seeds are rich in protein, carbohydrates, and fiber. They also have high levels of vitamins A, C, and E.
If you decide to try hemp seeds…
lightly sprinkle over the batter before closing the waffle iron.
And they will be nicely toasted on your finished waffle.
Weight watcher points plus count 6 points per waffle or 1.5 per section. If adding hemp seeds count an additional point for 1 Tbs.
- Gluten-free oats (regular if gluten-free is not needed)
- Quinoa flakes
- Hemp seeds (optional)
Serve whole or cut up in 1/4 sections. Serve with nut butter, syrups, or plain as a healthy sugar-free snack. Freeze leftovers for a quick breakfast on a busy morning. Pop in a toaster or microwave for quick defrosting.
With or without hemp seeds, a delicious and healthy way to start your day!
Gluten-Free Banana, Pumpkin & Oat Waffles
- 2 cups gluten-free oats regular if gluten-free is not needed
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2-3 tablespoons hemp seeds optional
- In a blender, add all ingredients. Puree well. Don't worry; you can't over mix these.
- Let the mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare a waffle iron with a non-stick spray. Heat the waffle iron to medium heat.
- Pour 1 cup of batter onto hot waffle iron, and sprinkle with some hemp seeds if desired. Let cook 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the waffle iron; I find it helps to use a fork.
- Please Note - If the batter becomes too thick while sitting, add more water until desired consistency returns. This will not affect the outcome of the waffles, but you may end up with an extra one.
- Serve whole or cut up in 1/4 sections. Serve with nut butter, syrups, or plain as a healthy sugar-free snack. Freeze leftovers for a quick breakfast on a busy morning. Pop in a toaster or microwave for quick defrosting.