GF Vegan Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies taste so much like the “real deal” no one will know they are without gluten, dairy, or eggs.
Leave some space between cookies because they will spread out while baking.
Most of the time I make cookies with two tablespoons of dough, as I did these. No need to flatten them before baking, they will flatten just fine on their own in the oven.
How Are These Cookies Different Than The Famous Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Dairy-free/plant-based butter
- Aquafaba for the eggs
- Gluten-free flours tiger nut and cassava
- Allergy-friendly chocolate chips
A Few Facts About Tiger Nuts:
- A great option for Paleo, gluten-free, nut-free, and Keto diets because it’s low in carbohydrates and high in antioxidants and fiber.
- Tiger nuts are not actually nuts; they are tuber vegetables that can be ground up into flour.
- They have ample amounts of magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, and vitamin E.
A Few Facts About Cassava Flour:
- Do not eat cassava flour raw.
- It’s gluten-free and can replace grain-based flour in baking and as a thickener in sauces.
- Unlike some gluten-free flours (coconut and almond) it is low in calories and fat.
- It contains resistant starches, which are beneficial to digestion and colon health.
To Make GF Vegan Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Plant-based butter ~ I used Country Crock Plant Based with Olive Oil
- Brown sugar
- Regular granulated sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Aquafaba ~ liquid from canned garbanzo beans
- Tiger nut flour
- Cassava flour
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips ~ I use allergy-friendly Enjoy Life brand
- Optional chopped walnuts
I hope you enjoy this vegan copycat recipe of this classic cookie we all know and love.
GF Vegan Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup plant-based butter ~ softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar ~ lightly packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp aquafaba ~ liquid from canned garbanzo beans
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups Tiger nut flour
- 1 1 /2 cups plus 2 Tbsps Cassava flour
- 1/4 cup walnuts ~chopped ~ optional, omit for nut-free
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips ~ allergy-friendly if needed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liners.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugars.
- Add aquafaba and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in baking soda, salt, and flours.
- Fold in chocolate chips and optional nuts.
- Place 2 tbsp of dough onto prepared baking sheet leaving space between cookies. They will spread while baking.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- These cookies freeze well and are tasty frozen.