Gluten-free and non-gluten-free cookie lovers will gobble up these GF Snickerdoodle Cookies in record time. Soft crinkles on top of a delicious tender cookie. And you can even make them dairy, soy, nut, and egg-free without losing one single ounce of flavor or tenderness.
Weight watcher points plus can count each cookie at 4 points each.
These gluten-free snickerdoodle cookies are rolled in all that wonderful cinnamon and sugar that sticks to your lips after every bite; just like the original snickerdoodle cookies. So soft and chewy and delicious.
Butter ~ Organic Shortening or Earth Balance Buttery Sticks for dairy-free.
Eggs or egg replacer (I used Ener-G Egg Replacer) or Duck eggs when available
Garbanzo bean flour
Baking powder ~ corn-free if needed
Xanthan gum or guar gum ~ (guar gum for corn-free)
Sugar & cinnamon mixture
Note: I rarely spray my cookie sheets with a non-stick spray before baking; I find there is enough butter in the recipe to prevent sticking. I prefer to line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Store in an airtight container or freeze.
GF Snickerdoodle Cookies ~ Allergy-Friendly
- 1 cup butter Organic Shortening or Earth Balance for dairy-free Butter. Earth Balance Buttery Sticks should be softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs or egg replacer I used Ener-G Egg Replacer or Duck eggs when available
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups brown or white rice flour spoon flour in measuring cup and level off
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour spoon flour in measuring cup and level off
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum for corn-free
- 1/4 cup sugar mixed with 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs or egg replacer and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Shape into balls and roll into sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Place on baking sheets and gently press down.
- Bake 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit a couple of minutes before transferring to a wire rack.