GF Double Chocolate Chip Cookies ~ Flourless Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
GF Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are not only a healthy option but a delightful surprise!
I would have NEVER believed these cookies had garbanzo beans in them and no flour of any kind. I’ve tried a few recipes of this sort, and haven’t been overly impressed…but this one is really good.
Even the dough is worth just sitting and eating one finger full after another. In fact, this could be an edible cookie dough recipe as well.
The original recipe called for nuts, but I wanted to keep them lower in fat, so I left them out. The nuts you see in the cookies shown are from the chunky style peanut butter.
If you would like to visit the blog with the original recipe go to, http://brunchtimebaker.com, the cookies are called, Double Chocolate Chip Cookies.
People following weight watchers will be pleased to know these cookies have 1 WW points plus each. This amount is following my version, without nuts.
- Canned chickpeas
- Chunky natural peanut butter, any nut butter is fine
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips Enjoy Life Brand is allergy-friendly
- Honey ~pure maple syrup or agave syrup for vegans
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
GF Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup canned chickpeas ~ rinsed and drained.
- 1/2 cup chunky natural peanut butter ~ any nut butter is fine.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips Enjoy Life Brand is allergy-friendly.
- 1/3 cup honey ~ pure maple syrup for vegans and Low FODMAP
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350. I lined a baking sheet with a silicone liner, but it isn’t necessary.
- Pour half of the chocolate chips into a small saucepan and melt over low heat until fully melted.
- In a food processor, puree the beans. Put pureed beans in a mixing bowl. Add peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and baking soda. Mix well. Add melted chocolate, mix well. Stir in the un-melted chocolate chips.
- Place 1″ balls on an un-greased cookie sheet and slightly press down. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Be careful eating them right out of the oven, as the melted chocolate makes them very HOT. After they cool for a few minutes…dig in