When the only thing you can think about is fresh homemade pancakes…make some! Try these easy homemade guilt-free pancakes. Only 1/2 tablespoon of oil in the entire recipe.
Enjoy pancakes that are allergy-friendly and won’t leave you feeling yucky after you eat them. I remember the times when my family would go out for breakfast and I would be sick for the rest of the day after eating a stack of buttermilk pancakes. Not fun at all!
Now I can delve into a fresh stack topped with pure maple syrup or nut butter and homemade jam.
You probably have the basic ingredients for these pancakes in your cupboards right now. But of course, you could change up the flours if you prefer. I tend to stick with brown rice flour and one of my favorite blended mixes for the other part.
Bigger thicker pancakes tend to be popular at my house but feel free to add more water for a thinner pancake; which also means you will probably end up with more than eight and can freeze the extras.
No need to pour a bunch of oil in your skillet to make these pancakes, just lightly brush the oil over the pan or griddle.
I remember growing up and my dad nearly deep-fried our pancakes!! Oily foods don’t make me feel good so I prefer to cook mine in a non-stick skillet. I lightly oil my skillet to prep for homemade pancakes or go completely oil-free.
Guilt-free pancakes without oil will count as 3 WW points plus per serving.
A Few Tips To Successful Gluten-Free Pancakes:
- Remember to let bubbles form on top of the pancakes before flipping them. This makes a big difference in ensuring the middle is cooked.
- If the middle is still a bit gooey after both sides have been cooked, simply pierce through the top and gently push down on the pancake, then flip and cook a little longer.
- Another way to cook the middle is to pop the pancake into the microwave for about 10-15 seconds.
To Make Easy Homemade Guilt-Free Pancakes You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Brown or white rice flour
- Gluten-free flour blend or any other flour you prefer, I used Pamela’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Artesian Blend
- Ground flaxseed
- Baking soda
- Oil, I use olive oil
- Pure maple syrup, not the kind with corn syrup
- Water depending on the preferred thickness of your pancakes, more for a thinner pancake
Easy Homemade Guilt-Free Pancakes
- 1/3 cup brown or white rice flour
- 1/3 cup gluten-free allergy-safe flour blend I used Pamela’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Artesian Blend
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp oil I use olive oil
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup not the kind with corn syrup
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water depending on the preferred thickness of your pancakes more for a thinner pancake
- Heat a griddle or skillet with or without oil to medium-high.
- In a mixing bowl combine dry ingredients forming a well in the center.
- In a liquid type, measuring cup mix together the oil and 1/2 cup of the water.
- Pour into the well and mix well. Stir in the pure maple syrup.
- Using about 1/4 cup of pancake batter at a time pour onto heated griddle or skillet. When bubbles form on the top of the pancake flip to cook the other side.
- The pancake batter often thickens so add more water as needed, a couple of tablespoons at a time to avoid using too much.
Recipe idea from www.theearthdiet.com