Copy-Cat Chicken Alfredo ~ Regular or Gluten-Free
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, I may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see my full disclaimer policy for details.
This simple Chicken Alfredo Copy-Cat recipe definitely does not taste simple and by just switching out the pasta will make it gluten-free.
Mushrooms are an option and I suggest you slice them nice and thin. Thin mushrooms will supplement the alfredo sauce, and not make it a mushroom alfredo sauce. Of course, if you love them thick…go for it!
This tantalizing chicken alfredo sauce makes 6 servings, depending on how many scoops of creamy, rich sauce you like on your fettuccine.
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Garlic powder
- Fresh Parmesan cheese
- Chicken breasts – cooked and cut in strips or cubes.
- Fresh mushrooms (optional)
- Fettuccine noodles – gluten-free if necessary.
Note: I use leftover chicken for this recipe, such as Grilled Lemon Chicken or Seasoned Chicken Breast.
Another great reason to keep leftovers on hand in the freezer.
Copy Cat Chicken Alfredo
- 1 cup butter 2 cubes
- 4 Tbsp. cream cheese
- 2 pints heavy cream
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp salt - depending on taste
- 1/8-1/4 tsp pepper - depending on taste
- 1 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 large chicken breasts - cooked and cut in strips or cubes.
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced ~ optional sauteed in a small amount of olive oil.
- 12 oz Fettuccine noodles - gluten-free if necessary.
- In a large skillet melt butter. Add cream cheese and whisk when melted.
- Pour in the cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk then stir while the sauce simmers 15 minutes over low heat.
- Add cooked chicken and sauteed mushrooms, simmer 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add grated Parmesan cheese, stir well.
- Serve over hot fettuccine noodles. Garnish with additional freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired.
Please pin and share