Chewy Oatmeal, Chip & Coconut Cookies are a crowd favorite for all the right reasons. It’s your basic chewy oat cookie that’s simple to make and perfect for dunking. I don’t know about you, but I love a chewy cookie.
These oatmeal, chocolate chip, and coconut cookies are loaded with all the good stuff! But wait…these chocolate chip and oat cookies have a bonus feature, they make fabulous ice-cream sandwiches too!! It’s all about the structure of the cookie. Firm yet chewy…flat yet doesn’t crumble.
If you like oats, coconut, and chocolate together – gather your ingredients and preheat the oven!
To Make Chewy Oatmeal, Chip & Coconut Cookies You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Butter or any non-dairy substitute
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar ~I used beet sugar
- Eggs, duck eggs or egg replacer is fine too
- Vanilla extract
- Milk or any non-dairy substitute
- Flour, or a homemade gluten-free baking blend, or a purchased blend like King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten-Free Flour Blend
- Xanthan gum or Guar gum only if using gluten-free flour or blend that doesn’t include it in the ingredients
- Baking soda
- Quick-cooking oats ~ certified gluten-free if needed
- Flaked or shredded coconut ~ I used sweetened coconut in this recipe
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips ~ I used Enjoy Life Allergy-Friendly Semi-Sweet Mini Chips
**Here’s A Little Tip: If the cookie dough seems a little too moist or the first few cookies are flatter than you like, add 1-2 Tbsp more flour.
These are delicious frozen too, and don’t forget…they make yummy ice-cream sandwiches.
Chewy Oatmeal, Chip & Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened, or any non-dairy substitute.
- 1 cup light brown sugar lightly packed.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar. I used beet sugar.
- 2 eggs duck eggs or egg replacer is fine too.
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp milk or any non-dairy substitute.
- 1 1/4 cups flour or a gluten-free baking blend.
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum only if using gluten-free flour.
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats gluten-free if needed.
- 1 cup flaked or shredded coconut. I used sweetened coconut in this recipe.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips. I used allergy-friendly mini chips.
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl add butter or non-dairy substitute, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Beat until creamy. Add eggs or egg substitute, vanilla, and milk or dairy-free substitute. Mix well.
- In a small bowl add the next 5 ingredients. Add to creamed mixture. Stir to combine.
- Fold in coconut and chocolate chips. Drop by large or small spoonfuls onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-17 minutes depending on size.
- Remove from oven and let sit a few minutes before removing from pan. Then let cool completely on wire racks.