Bit Of Banana – Applesauce Muffins is a healthy, low-fat and low-sugar recipe. A perfect muffin for those on special diets.
This idea has been brewing in my head for days, I just had a feeling it was going to be good.
Sure enough…this is a keeper!
Only 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in the entire recipe and no added sugar at all. Fruit sweetened with applesauce and half a banana…raisins are optional. This recipe is gluten-free, but can, of course, be made with any flour. Eggs are optional as well.
1 whole egg = 3 tablespoons aquafaba
1 egg white = 2 tablespoons aquafaba
Weight watchers count 4 points per muffin, 3 without raisins.
Bit Of Banana - Applesauce Muffins
- 1 egg chicken or duck or egg replacer
- 1 Tbl coconut oil melted (other oil will work as well)
- 1 3/4 cups applesauce unsweetened
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour or other gluten-free flour such as oat
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- Preheat oven to 375 Prepare a muffin tin with a non-stick spray or liners.
- In a medium-size bowl add the egg or egg replacer, melted coconut oil, applesauce, and banana.
- Mix well using a wire whisk.
- In a small bowl add flours, baking soda, baking powder, and xanthan gum or guar gum.
- Add dry mixture to applesauce mixture, mix well with a large spoon. Stir in raisins.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check after 20 minutes.
- Let sit a couple of minutes before removing muffins from pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- Store in the refrigerator for several days or freeze for longer storage.
1 egg white = 2 tablespoons aquafaba Weight watchers point plus count 4 points per muffin, 3 without raisins.