Bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts are, in a word, delectable. You will agree, I am sure, after popping one of these tasty gems in your mouth. I choose the bacon with the most visible meat for these appetizer wraps.
Not a lot goes into making them, and not a lot can go wrong. You are wrapping Brussels sprouts with some bacon, seasoning a bit, and in the oven, they go.
The fantastic result is a tender Brussels sprout that never tasted so good. The strong taste of Brussels diminishes after roasting with the bacon.
Wrap white and sweet potato wedges, too; the flavor combination is a show stopper.
These tender, savory baked veggies will have you happily munching one after another; picky kiddos might even forget they are eating healthy vegetables.
Of course, these tasty morsels can be more than just an appetizer. Here are some other ways to serve up these veggies:
- Warm some leftovers up for a snack.
- Pack some up in your lunch ~ you don’t even have to reheat them; they are yummy cold too.
- Serve as a side dish.
- Cook up some rice pilaf as a side and serve bacon wrapped veggies as the main dish.
To Make Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Bacon ~ gluten-free if needed
- Brussels sprouts ~ and optional potatoes too
- Brown sugar
- McCormick Grill Mates Steak Seasoning
- Optional toothpicks
Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound bacon ~ gluten-free if needed ~ I prefer a meaty bacon vs more fat in the slices
- 20-25 Brussels Sprouts ~ or 2 baking potatoes/sweet potatoes if desired
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp McCormick Grill Mates Steak Seasoning
- Toothpicks ~ optional
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees
- Wash Brussels sprouts and remove discolored outer leaves.
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half. (If using potatoes cut into wedges.)
- Cut cold bacon into thirds ~ warm bacon is very hard to cut I have found
- Wrap a piece of bacon around each cut Brussels. Secure with a toothpick if desired.
- Lightly sprinkle brown sugar over wrapped Brussels sprouts.
- Sprinkle McCormick Grill Mates Steak Seasoning overall.
- Bake at 400-degrees for 18 minutes or until Brussels (or potato sections) are tender.