I love to share a great cookie recipe like these Anytime Nut Butter Chip & Oat Cookies. And these oat cookies are delicious!
I am convinced if you served these to your friends, family, or guests, they would never know they were on the healthy side.
This healthier oatmeal and chocolate chip cookie is made with nut butter instead of straight butter or shortening, providing you with healthy fat. Feel free to use any nut butter you like.
My favorite kinds of nut butter for these chip and oat cookies are peanut butter and SunButter.
This recipe is loaded with quality ingredients:
- Nut butter
- Sorghum flour
I like to bake mine slightly crunchy and then freeze them. (I do have a thing for frozen cookies, though)
To Make Anytime Nut Butter Chip & Oat Cookies, You Will Need These Ingredients:
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Peanut butter (or any flavor of your choice). I’ve also used sunflower seed butter
- Dry sweetener, I used beet sugar
- Ground flaxseeds
- Pure vanilla extract
- Old-fashioned rolled oats; I used gluten-free
- Baking soda
- Sorghum flour or any healthy flour you like. I used Pamela’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour – Artisan Blend.
- Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips; I use Enjoy Life Allergy Friendly Brand. I like to add 1/2 cup of regular-size chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips.
- Chopped walnuts (optional). Omit for nut-free
2 WW points per cookie
Anytime Nut Butter Chip & Oat Cookies
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup peanut butter ~ or any flavor or your choice. I’ve also used sunflower seed butter for nut-free.
- 1 cup dry sweetener ~ I used beet sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups old fashioned rolled oats ~ I used gluten-free
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour ~ or any healthy flour you like. I used Pamela’s Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour – Artisan Blend.
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips ~ I used Enjoy Life Allergy Friendly Brand. I like to add 1/2 cup regular size chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts ~ optional, omit for nut-free
- Preheat Oven to 350. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- In a large mixing bowl add applesauce, peanut butter or nut/seed butter, sugar, flaxseeds, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add oats, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in flour. Fold in chocolate chips and optional nuts.
- Using a medium-size cookie scoop, about 2 Tbsp, place cookie dough on the baking sheets. Flatten out the dough a little.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and continue to cool.
Forks Over Knives, The Cookbook inspired this recipe. The Original name of the cookies is Lunchbox Chocolate Chip Cookies.